Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Let's Start at the Very Beginning.....A Very Good Place to Start...

In order for this to be a place for me to keep up with Will, I want to go back to the beginning of his life. He had quite the dramatic entry into this world- a little too soon if I may add! So, to go back to the beginning, I am heading back to my pregnancy!

My pregnancy was going great; I felt great and loved being pregnant. Here is a picture of me at 26 weeks.
Mr. Will was growing great and everything was pretty ideal. Around 32 weeks I started to notice I was getting a little swollen; I asked my doctor, and she told me to not eat so much sodium. I went along on my merry way. The swelling continued, and I started gaining weight pretty rapidly. Honestly, it didn't matter what I did; the pounds seemed to pack on regardless of my water drinking, eating healthy self. It was actually very discouraging! One night after a basketball game I documented my swollen calves. Justin may kill me for posting this, but they must be exposed to understand the amount of swelling!
Sexy, I know:).


I promise in real life they don't look like this; it was quite shockingto say the least. Unfortunately, they actually got even bigger before I had Will; this was probably about 33 weeks along.

At 34 weeks, my doctor cleared me to go and watch Justin graduate seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. Again, she attributed the swelling to sodium intake. We left on a Thursday, Dec. 10 and came back the Saturday before I had Will on Dec. 17th. I am so, so grateful my body held out until we were home! How awful would that have been?? I am also so glad I was able to be there for Justin's big day!

Anyway, Wednesday, Dec.16th I started to feel REALLY bad. We had plans to hang out with some new friends; Justin didn't want to cancel, so I went to Tim's and a Razorback b-ball game feeling really icky. In Justin's defense, he nor I realized how bad I really was feeling!

The next day at school I still felt pretty bad. During my 5th period class I got a really bad headache and started to realize something was wrong. I got my blood pressure checked and it was 150/110. My sweet friend Katie insisted we head to the doctor. When we got there, they immediately sent me down to triage and quickly diagnosed me with pre-eclampsia. My bp got up to 180/120 and the decision was made that Will needed to make his appearance ASAP. Because my bp was so high, they had to put me on something calling Magnesium Sulfate (I think...I could be off a little). They also made the decision I was in no shape to be induced and needed an emergency C-section. Here Justin is suited up ready to have this baby!!


Here are some of the first pictures of our William James Paslay


December 17, 2009


7:43pm


5 pounds 3 ounces


18.5 inches


REALLY unhappy to be out. Because he wasn't breathing well, they weren't able to give him a bath or clean him well. So, he is still a little white!



Love this picture of Will being shown to the waiting room!


Our sweet little guy still in the nursery. They give babies a little while to try and breath on their own before they take them to the NICU.


Okay, I have given WAY too many details. I will have to finish our NICU story another time! Justin does always tell me I give too many details when telling stories! Obviously, I will need to finish documenting his first 6 months of Will's life on several different posts!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Erin! It's great to have another blog to stalk!

    ReplyDelete