Friday, January 21, 2011

A Little Bit of Catching UP

I have A LOT of catching up to do! MANY changes have occurred since the last time this loser blogger updated back in AUGUST. I am going to be brief about everything because there is just sooooo much. This also may be random:) Hopefully when I start blogging regularly, it will be easier to organize everything!
After much prayer, God called the Paslay family to Memphis to serve at Bellevue Baptist. We are finally feeling settled and are starting to get plugged in. I can't wait to share what God is doing here in Memphis.

I took the picture above with Will the night before we left for Memphis. Justin took a lot of time to create the mural, so I wanted to make sure we got a picture of our sweet Will under it. Justin and I were having a hard time deciding between 2 different names for Will- William James or Luke Thomas; we were stuck. One Sunday a pastor named Vance Pittman, who was a guest speaker at CPH, opened his sermon with his favorite quotation from a philosopher named William James. Justin and I immediately looked at each other when he read it and just knew that was our son's name. The quotation was perfect for the way we feel and pray for Will. It is our prayer for Will that he will live his life for the Lord and will do AMAZING things in HIS name. That what he does for the Lord will far out last his own life. This mural is what I miss most about our home. I am VERY grateful for how the Lord has provided a place to live in this move, but I will be glad when we sell our home and get settled into one here!

About a week and a half after we moved to Memphis, we celebrated Will's first birthday. Justin's parents and brother as well as my sister and brother and sister-in-law were able to make their first trip to Memphis. It was a great time, and we were sooooo grateful our family took the time to come for the big day.

Will got many great presents and was sooooo curious about everything he opened. He is getting to be so fun!

I had to include this picture of how Will drinks a bottle. We have had SO much trouble with Will drinking anything, so we have really catered to what he wants to get him to drink. I will blog another time about our journey with Will's drinking issues. He likes to watch Elmo, or anything like that, while sitting there. AND, he will play with your eye lashes. Will doesn't have a comfort blanky or lovie; he has eye lashes. Weird and cute at the same time:) Thanks, Aunt Chelsea, for offering your eye lashes for this bottle!

Here is the man rocking his new tennis shoes from Uncle Drew checking out another cool toy he received.

All the LOOT. We are so GRATEFUL Will is loved by so many:)

Mimi, Pop, and Uncle Drew on the birthday. For some reason I don't have a group picture OR a picture of Justin, Will, and I. I guess we will have more birthdays! I'm pretty sure his Aunt Chelsea has some I can get.

.SWITCHING TO CHRISTMAS.

Although
this is technically Will's second Christmas, it was Will's first Christmas home with us. We had a blast. Will was a little under the weather with a stomach bug, but he did great!

Daddy and Will on Christmas Eve at my parent's house. Will didn't have a shirt on b/c he had thrown up on his earlier, and Mom of the Year here didn't have an extra. He didn't mind showing off his cutie bod!


Uncle Charles and Will playing. They are only 4 years apart, and I know they are going to be best buddies. Here was the first time they were legitimately playing. It was sweet.

Will and I opening presents on Christmas Eve. This was BEFORE he lost his shirt:)

MIMI, Justin's mom, showing Will all his great Christmas presents Christmas morning.

What do you do with your brand new Elmo??? Of course, put it in your mouth to test it out:)


.AND NOW RANDOM.
I took this picture of Will the other day, and I LOVE it. I know he has a funny little face going on, but I think he looks so much like his Daddy in the eyes here. He is just the sweetest little thing. I am LOVING staying home with him and am so grateful for the opportunity! He is my little buddy.

Lastly, to confuse everyone I have met at Bellevue, and so that no one, including my son, will recognize me, I dyed my hair brown. Ha. That was not my intention; I was just really ready for a change, but that has been the result. I finally feel like I'm looking at myself now and like the change! We'll see how long it lasts.

Well, that is just a QUICK update on some of the big events the Paslay family has had since moving. I am going to really try and stay on top of blogging now that we are away from family and many friends. AND because I am a SAHM (stay at home mom) and I should...I said should.....have time to get blogging accomplished. Ha!


4 comments:

  1. Oh girl! Love the blogs new face lift :) So happy you are joining the blogging community again. You have no excuse now you're a SAHM for crying out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad i found your blog! This will be a good way to keep in touch with ya'll!! I am also kinda bad about updating my blog.... but now that Amelia is here the Grandparents demand updates on a regular basis! I really like your hair dark... it makes your eyes pop! I know how hard it is from going to blonde to dark and I usually don't last long! I have to at least throw in some highlights! I can't seem to stay away from the blonde hair!
    Glad to hear all is going well! I will miss having you guys across the street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls!

    Diana, I know I have no excuse, and my goal is to blog once a week at least. We'll see how that goes......

    Amanda, I already have you on my blog roll and Amelia is a DOLL! I am so glad I can keep up with that growing girl on your blog. It looks like you guys have settled in quite nicely. Dr. S. was my doctor as well, and we loved her! I wish we would have taken a picture with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow----am I behind or what? Had NO idea you had moved from NWA. Glad you are settling in and sorry that we did not know about your move. Keep up your blog so I can keep up with you.
    Is Del here or overseas? Got his e-mail about his new assignment. Wow---lots of changes in the Sloneker family, huh?
    Owen just turned 7 and Anna Grace will be 5 in June. Sweet McCoy was 3 in October and new baby girl will join us in June of 2011. Dig and MeMe love these grandloves very, very much!
    Hopefully we will see you sometime, somewhere when you are up this way. God's blessings on your, Justin and sweet, sweet Will!
    I love you!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete